Welcome to Horse Chestnut Class.
Hi everyone, I hope you have been enjoying the sunshine and getting out for exercise.
Here is your learning for this week.
Remember there are also jobs set on Mathletics and Purple Mash.
I am really enjoying seeing the school work you have been doing on the new CLASS BLOG!
If you haven't been on it yet, on the school home page go to "CHILDREN", then "Home Learning Blogs". So far I have had posts from Janice, Wiktor and Alex.
I would love to see some more faces on there too so we can all keep in touch.
Stay safe and happy
love from Miss Care xx
Puzzles and games for half term
National maths day!
1. Play hangman
2. Alphabet scavenger challenge - Can you find something that starts with every letter of the alphabet?
3. Write a postcard to someone you miss and post it to them.
4. Make a mask then put a photo on the Year 2 blog.
5. Do one of the puzzles and games below...
Science - Sea life
Boredom busters for this week
1. Build a blanket den and read a book to your toys.
2. Make a sock puppet.
3. Make up a dance to your favourite song.
4. Do the puzzles below.
Geography - The seaside. Watch the powerpoint videos or other videos on YouTube of the seaside, then have a go at the sheets.
Boredom busters for this week!
1) Learn a card game.
2) Make a time capsule and bury it.
3) Write your own jokes and perform them to your family.
4) Research facts about your favourite animal and make a fact sheet.
5) Design a paper boat and float it in the sink or bath.
Not got enough books to keep your child reading?
See below for the most amazing link to an internet library.
April Challenge - can you catch 'em all?
5 boredom busters for this week (30.3.20)
1. Do some yoga www.cosmickids.com
2. Make a paper plane, fly it & measure how far
3. Do some mindfulness colouring - www.twinkl.co.uk
4. Take a virtual field trip www.tripsavvy.com/virtual-field-trips-for-kids-3129414
5. Play a board game
Alphabetical order tasks - 3 levels.
Time - choose your level
General maths work - lots of jobs in here!
What to do and when! Free resources.
LEGO CHALLENGE DAY 1
READING TASK week 23.3.20 Do one of the reading comprehensions in your pack.
WRITING TASKS Week 23.3.20
MATHS TASKS wk 23.3.20 Complete 3 tasks from your home learning pack and have a go at these! Remember to explain HOW you know you are right.
DON'T FORGET TO KEEP MOVING!
Check out the online tutorials on YOUTUBE from GLK Academies.
All workouts shown can be done in your own home.
Links to interactive resources to support your child at home
Horse Chestnut class create 3D shapes using their knowledge from this week's maths.
Term 4 - The Great fire of London knowledge organiser
We made clay sculptures of Plop the owl from "The owl who was afraid of the dark".
Knowledge organiser Term 3
Term 2 is AUSTRALIA! Knowledge organisers for geography and science learning this term.
Term 1 newsletter
Our wonderful parent reading mornings take place on Friday mornings between 8.50 and 9.10.
Children should bring in their reading books and reading records every day.
The books will be changed on Friday mornings.
Children are expected to read at home a minimum of three times a week, however those reading five times a week will receive a WOW point and a raffle ticket for being a STAR reader. Each term, one child will win a book prize.
Our PE days are Wednesday afternoon (outside) and Thursday afternoon (indoor). Your child should wear PE kit to school on these days, including the appropriate footwear.